Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I need help.

And not just because I've been neglecting my poor little blog.

No, I need help because I've been fueling my depression with fast food. Which is obviously not good for the whole losing-the-divorce-weight thing. I need to learn to cook. I don't like cooking, so I need to start very small.

So here's where I'm asking for help. I have mastered the PB&J, the grilled cheese, even the fried egg sandwich. It's time to get out from between two slices of bread. What's your favorite, easy recipe? Your go-to, I've-got-15-minutes meal? Bonus points if it's so easy it will fit in a comment on this blog, but I'll take longer recipes by email: mandi.steward@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance. And now I'm going to be a good blog-friend by catching up on about a month's worth of posts. :)

4 comments:

  1. Spaghetti! Cook noodles, brown meat, add canned sauce.
    Quesadillas! Butter 1 side of tortilla, add cheddar cheese and pre-cooked (seasoned w/ taco seasoning) chicken to one half. Fold over. Cook a few mins. Flip, cook a few more. Done!
    Sweet potato fries! Chop swt pots into 1/8ths or so. Season w/ a few dollops of olive oil, salt, paprika. Put in oven on greased or foil-lined pan @ 425 for 20ish mins.

    I have more if you want them...there's a start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranch Dijon Chicken:
    Boil water, cook angel hair noodles.
    Cook chicken breast in a pan with 1-2tbsp butter until no longer pink in middle. Remove chicken, scrape pan with a little white wine and spatula, then add ranch dressing and dijon mustard to wine in pan, mix to taste preference. Replace chicken in pan with sauce, serve over noodles. Great with steamed peas too, I like steamfresh that cook in like 5 mins in the bag. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a fennel bulb, a few tomatoes and a red onion. Chop them into quarters or eighths, depending on their size. Put them in a roasting pan or casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle kosher salt and pepper on top. Add some rosemary or thyme or whatever else you want. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or so. Eat it.

    I like these on their own but they are really good with chicken or salmon. For the salmon drizzle some olive oil over it and stick it under the broiler (on aluminum foil) for 7-10 minutes or until it's no longer translucent on the inside. For the chicken, just buy a rotisserie, it will last you several different meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always keep a bag of egg noodles and frozen mixed vegetables in the house. They are multi taskers.
    Boil noodles (1 1/2 C per person) with a drop of oil.
    Cook Veggies(1/2C per person) in 1T of EVOO and add oregeno,S&P, and garlic(powdered or chopped fresh) Until tender and slightly brown.

    Drain Noodles when done, drop 1T of cold butter and let melt on noodles, add italian seasonings if you have them. Then dump Veggies on noodles and top with a dash of parmesian if you like. Delicioso!!
    Also, good if you add canned Tuna or Turkey...but some people don't like that:(

    ReplyDelete