Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Time for some happy

First of all, I have to thank everyone who sent me an encouraging note after my last post. I needed those, and they help more than I can describe. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

Since my last entry was a downer, I decided it's time to compile:

Things That Always Make Me Happy
  • Puppies
  • Babies, especially Audrey, Emery and Adalie
  • My living room
  • My ringtone
  • The color green, and ...
  • Eco-friendly, recycle-y things
  • My silver Lia Sophia hoop earrings, because they dress up any outfit
  • Stone Hill Concord red wine
  • My new car
  • Kelle Hampton's blog
  • New episodes of Mad Men and Glee
  • Watching Special Olympics athletes compete
  • My brothers
  • Guacamole
  • Jimmy Fallon's Dance Your Hat and Gloves Off game
  • Snail mail
  • Cartoon monkeys
  • Trips to Pier 1 and/or NY&Co.
  • Catching my parents holding hands
  • Decorating for fall
  • This commercial (you may find it obnoxious, but I giggle every time)
  • On that note, any commercial that is especially clever or silly or features really pretty music
  • Monday night Bible study
  • Mizzou BFF
  • Blankets
  • Losing myself in a new book
  • Muppets/Sesame Street revivals
  • Seeing something I've created in final form (usually this is printed pieces at work)
  • Finding new songs and artists on my Pandora station
  • Getting a new album of photos printed
  • Stories of acceptance and inclusion
  • Tastefully Simple's Oh My! Chai
So there. A long, but still incomplete list of things I can go to the next time I'm feeling down. Just in time for Thanksgiving, I'm hoping to count my blessings more often and spend time with the things that make me happy. As I heard recently, happiness is external; joy is internal. If I can manage to bring more happy around, surely I'll be more joyful.

What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment