Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Can Set Up a Wireless Network (!!!)

Before I launch into today's post, I have to list a couple of things that I'm pretty proud of that got left off my original Things I Can Do list: I can kill a spider. This doesn't mean I like to or that I won't ask someone else to do it for me, but dang it, I can. Also, I can navigate they NYC subway system well enough to get from almost anywhere in Manhattan to the New York Presbyterian Hospital and back again. By myself.

Moving on ...

My big Christmas present this year (so big it had to be a joint present from my parents and myself) was a laptop. It came last week, and I already had my wireless router on hand and ready to set up. However, you know how sometimes you get in your head that you just can't do certain things, so much that you don't even want to try? Setting up wireless was one of those things that sounded about as do-able as walking into a cafe in Paris and ordering lunch. So I asked for help.

Three men, two Mediacom reps and several hours later, it was still not set up. I was ready to call the router a lemon and take it in for exchange today when I decided to give it one last shot. It still wasn't easy - I spent about an hour - but you know what? I did it. So no offense to my tech support team, but I'm sitting here on my couch typing this because I made it happen. It pays to push yourself to try something new. (I have a feeling God might be laughing a bit at the irony of the situation.)

I need to go get groceries and pick up a Redbox, but instead I'm reading my favorite blog, listening to the beautiful music that accompanies it and sipping chai from my favorite mug. Sometimes the little things are worth celebrating.

Thank you, once again, for the outpouring of love following my last entry. I know I've been neglecting all of your blogs and not updating this one as much as I'd like. No more excuses since I've solved that whole wireless problem. Up next: that New Year's Resolution, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment